Account Manager (0162)
Application Status: Open
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland
A highly reputable and respected Baltimore area commercial insurance service provider with remarkable retention rates is seeking an experienced Account Manager to help manage their growing commercial client base. If you are looking to join a dynamic and highly respected team with unquestioned integrity that provides high caliber insurance solutions to commercial clients, this position is for you! The qualified candidate will be a strong and proven Account Manager who has experience managing commercial accounts and building deep relationships to help provide a full array of quality insurance solutions.
Job Summary for the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
The primary function of this position is to provide best in class account management services by working with existing and prospective accounts to fully understand their business needs and provide best-in-class account services. This will be achieved through maintaining regular contact with clients to ensure their needs are being met and to assist with any insurance needs they may have.
Essential Functions of the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
- Help prepare for and attend regularly scheduled service meetings with clients.
- Maintain high level service standards established by the company.
- Handle complicated claims needing higher level of attention.
- Handle complicated/complex endorsement requests.
- Help identify and assist in cross-selling opportunities for large accounts.
- Handle complicated certificate requests such as multi-location accounts and requests associated with contractual requirements.
- Handle service requests for high transaction accounts, ensuring all transactions are managed appropriately and timely.
- Handle in-depth coverage questions and inquiries from clients.
- Ability to assist with bonds when necessary.
- Assist with marketing renewals as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic approach to business.
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- Ability to multi‐task effectively and prioritize customer issues.
- High level of professionalism and a courteous demeanor.
- Strong resilience, persistence and tenacity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- High level of diplomacy.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years, preferably more of commercial P&C insurance experience
- Experience in wide array of coverages – General liability, Auto, Work Comp, Umbrella (Experience with Employment Practices Liability, Employment Liability, D&O and Cyber a plus)
- Proven track record of success and work stability.