Account Manager, Health & Welfare (0164)
Application Status: Open
Location: Baltimoe Maryland
A highly reputable and respected Baltimore area commercial insurance service provider with remarkable retention rates is seeking an experienced Account Manager to help manage their growing small group health & welfare client base. If you are looking to join a dynamic and highly respected team with unquestioned integrity that provides high caliber insurance solutions to small group clients, this position is for you! The qualified candidate will be a strong and proven Account Manager who has experience managing small group commercial accounts and building deep relationships to help provide a full array of quality insurance solutions.
Job Summary for the Account Manager – Health & Welfare
The primary function of this position is to provide best in class account management services by working with existing and prospective accounts to fully understand their business needs and provide best-in-class account services for their health & welfare needs. This will be achieved through maintaining regular contact with clients to ensure their needs are met and to assist with any insurance needs they may have.
Essential Functions of the Account Manager – Health & Welfare
- Help prepare for and attend regularly scheduled service meetings with clients.
- Maintain high level service standards established by the company.
- Handle all annual renewals include quotes and presentation to clients.
- Handle Open Enrollment presentations.
- Assist participants as necessary with carrier claims issues.
- Help identify cross-selling opportunities for small accounts.
- Handle in-depth coverage questions and inquiries from clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Account Manager – Health & Welfare
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of small group medical, dental and vision products in Maryland.
- Experience with ancillary products including life and disability.
- Strong Microsoft Office product skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic approach to business.
- Unquestionable ethical standards.
- Ability to multi‐task effectively and prioritize customer issues.
- High level of professionalism and a courteous demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Account Manager – Health & Welfare
- Minimum of 2 years of small group life & health insurance experience
- Life & Health License
- Proven track record of success and work stability.