Chief Executive Officer (0166)
Application Status: Open
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Maryland Proton Treatment Center, the fastest growing proton cancer treatment center in the country is currently seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Maryland Proton Treatment Center, located in Baltimore, Maryland is a state-of the art center led by renowned radiation oncologists from the University of Maryland School of Medicine who are inspired by patients and driven by a passion for healing.
The primary function of this position is to lead all strategic operations for the center as well as all business aspects. This includes all financial oversight, revenue generation, patient acquisition and all non-clinical operations. Qualified candidates will have extensive experience in the healthcare industry and have a deep understanding how to drive patient growth and manage cash flow in private pay healthcare environment.
Essential Functions of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Healthcare
- Lead long-term strategic as well as daily operations for the center
- Oversee all non-clinical operations that impact revenue, costs, funding and budget operations for all departments.
- Direct all non-clinical staff and operations with a focus on positive patient outcomes.
- Effectively manage and influence relationships with executive managers, physicians, and staff to achieve best in practice performance and business results.
- Lead and motivate staff, employee engagement and performance.
- Work with managers to formulate a plan for professional development and attend educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participate in professional activities and represent MPTC at events.
- Assure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Healthcare
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and management experience with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in healthcare
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Ability to lead and collaborate with strategic partners as well as direct reports
- Ability to comprehend the scope of the duties and responsibilities of the position by keeping up to date with regard to relevant industry knowledge
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Communicates effectively with multiple audiences at varying levels and using a variety of formats
- Proven track record of recruiting, managing and motivating high performing team players in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to develop and effectively implement a strategic vision designed to improve market penetration.
- Strong systems judgment and understanding of others.
- A strategic thinker who is able to roll up his/her sleeves and work tactically.
- Effective negotiating, decision-making, and analytical skills.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Healthcare
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, management, health administration, and/or related field
- Master’s degree or equivalent graduate work preferred
- Six (6) years management experience in physician group practice including multi-site group management