Director of Clinical Services (0165)
Application Status: Open
Location: Annapolis Maryland
Are you an ambitious and experienced clinical manager who is looking to take the next step as a key player for a growing regional multi-site medical practice known for providing superior service? A Maryland-based multi-location pediatric practice in the Annapolis area is seeking a Director of Clinical Services to manage the entire clinical operations side of the practice. The ideal candidate will be an experienced medical practice clinical administrator who has strong interpersonal and management skills.
Job Summary for the Director of Clinical Services
The primary function of this position is to act as a general manager for the entire clinical practice managing Clinical Nurse Managers, Triage and clinical management operations while working closely with the practice leadership team to create and support an environment where innovative care is provided to a continually growing number of pediatric patients.
Essential Functions of the Director of Clinical Services
- Oversee ambulatory pediatric practices and walk in facilities
- Oversee of Clinical Nurse Managers and Manager of Triage
- Assure implementation of patient care and quality assurance standards
- Plan, organize and evaluate clinical practice and educational activities; development and implementation of policies, goals and objectives and standards of nursing practice
- Counsel and evaluate the performance and clinical practice of the nursing staff. This includes staff development programs orientation to ensure compliance with practice standards.
- Integrate goals, objectives, policy, process, and procedures with departmental clinical staff; advise and assist with the establishment of priorities
- Evaluate performance of nursing staff throughout the department to ensure optimal patient care, including evaluations and proficiencies; both lab and practical
- Ensure smooth and efficient workflow and standardization across practices
- Counsel Managers and staff to enable achievement of department and organizational goals and objectives; particularly as related to high quality patient care
- Develop and implement in-service guidelines for orientation and staff development
- Encourage and provide opportunities for continuing education of the nursing staff. Participate in concurrent and retrospective evaluation of patient care consistent with the organization quality improvement program. Through this review process, evaluate and recommend changes and improvements in areas affecting the quality of patient care, in keeping with regulatory standards
- Interview and select qualified personnel and evaluate, discipline, mentor as appropriate.
- Prepare sites for successful clinical surveys and inspections
- Create and maintain department policy and procedure manual
- Oversight of vaccine supply and ordering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Director of Clinical Services
- High level of integrity and strong personal character.
- Understands the value of teamwork and what it means to be a team player.
- Must have a certain charisma and ability to connect with various staff members.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead others effectively.
- Flexible and can handle multiple assignments while working within a “fast pace” environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Displays a passion to develop others to their fullest extent by providing their time and personal commitment along with the assurance of superior training/resources to do the job.
- Has a strong work ethic and leads by example.
- Ability to hold all individuals accountable for job performance.
- High energy level and is positive at all times.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Director of Clinical Services
- BSN, RN Licensure – Maryland
- Previous nurse management experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience with demonstration of progressive clinical competence, preferably in an outpatient setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills including personnel management and the ability to perform as a role model for nursing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a manner that fosters teambuilding and to provide visionary direction for team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrators, physicians, peers, and subordinates.
- Experience with change management process.
- Evidence of successful implementation of initiatives positively impacting patient care.
- Knowledge in electronic health record (EHR / EMR)