Director of Service and Field Operations (0143)
Application Status: Open
Location: Baltimore Maryland
An award winning and growing Baltimore, MD based commercial service provider is seeking an experienced Director of Service and Field Operations to lead their field service operations division. If you are looking to join a dynamic highly respected management team that has built a customer first culture while striving to create a great employee experience as well, this position may be for you! The qualified candidate will be a strong and proven leader who has experience managing and leading business-to-business field based service technicians in the document management and solutions industry.
Job Summary for the Director of Service and Field Operations
The primary function of this position is to provide best in class field based technical services by effectively leading and managing all field based technicians as they service commercial document management equipment throughout the mid-Atlantic region. This will be achieved through proper coaching and ongoing development and helping to facilitate a “customer first” culture. Cross-collaboration will also be an essential duty in order to efficiently resolve client issues.
Essential Functions of the Director of Service and Field Operations
- Set high standards for service and satisfaction levels, and lead service technicians to meet those standards.
- Balance time and call efficiency and make the customer feel truly important.
- Demonstrate the Customer First philosophy by researching and resolving customer issues for the company; in particular, issues that escalate quickly.
- Work closely with Sales and other team members to optimize installations and service calls that meet or exceed customer service commitments.
- Coordinate with other division heads to define metrics and data to maintain best in class service.
- Hire, develop, train, mentor, and critique service technician team members to develop both individuals and the team to operate at highest and best use.
- Develop, track and report individual team performance metrics.
- Analyze the current state of the field operations group, set short and long term improvement goals, develop a strategy to achieve them and then coach team members toward goal attainment and improvement.
- Provide general management of call center operations group.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to be decisive and make consistent decisions.
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to cross‐collaborate.
- Strong technology‐literate background.
- Ability to learn and understand the technology and optimize it.
- Ability to multi‐task effectively and prioritize customer issues.
- High level of professionalism and a courteous demeanor.
- High energy person who thrives in a fast‐paced environment.
- High sense of urgency.
- Strong resilience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of diplomacy.
Training and Experience Requirements
- College degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of related work experience in a Client Services environment.
- 2-4 years of leadership or management experience.
- Proven track record of success and work stability.