Assistant to the CEO (0158)
Application Status: Open
Location: Huntingdon Valley, PA
Are you an ambitious and experienced executive level assistant looking to join a family oriented and growing company where your broad experience and attention to detail will be valued and appreciated? A unique, rapidly growing and profitable services company in the Buck’s County area outside of Philadelphia is seeking a high level assistant for the position of Assistant to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting experienced assistant, efficient and organized, with a mindset that “good enough isn’t good enough”.
Job Summary for the Assistant to the CEO
The primary function of this position is to support the CEO of the company. This will include a wide variety of functions that are administrative in nature with the goal of bringing a high level of organization to a high paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a self-starting mentality and initiative and be capable of managing projects and identifying areas for improvement.
Essential Functions of the Assistant to the CEO
- Maintain schedules, checklists and alerts so both routine and ad hoc tasks are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Have a highly professional demeanor, capable of being recognized as an extension of the office of the CEO.
- Help the CEO anticipate needs and resolve quickly and efficiently.
- Recognize areas of inefficiency and put systems in place to resolve.
- Create a variety of different types of documents both independently and collaboratively with the CEO.
- Oversee executive tasks and meetings, tracking and monitoring status of tasks to support their success and completion.
- Monitor calendar for special days and events and the CEO provide appropriate recognition and gifts as necessary.
- Manage travel plans, arrangements and details.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Assistant to the CEO
- Must be highly organized with a desire for efficiency.
- Must have a servant mindset, yet not be a pushover.
- High energy level and is positive at all times.
- Must have a high concern for the details.
- Must have a certain charisma and ability to connect with staff members, yet understanding that relationships need to be professional at all times.
- Ability to have discretion with private and/or confidential information.
- Ability to occasionally travel.
- High level of integrity and strong personal character.
- Understands the value of teamwork and what it means to be a team player.
- Flexible and can handle multiple assignments while working within a “fast pace” environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Ability to hold all individuals accountable for job performance.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Assistant to the CEO
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 4-5 years of experience as an executive level assistant.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and productivity software