Sales and Marketing Manager (0155)
Application Status: Open
Location: Denton, Maryland
Are you looking to put your leadership and industry experience to its highest and best use? Dynamic opportunity awaits the right professional for this newly established position located on Maryland’s beautiful eastern shore. Responsible for establishing sales targets to meet company objectives and developing strategic sales plans that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Monitors and analyzes sales and marketing activity against goals. Provides leadership, direction, and coordination of all company sales, marketing, and customer care functions and strategies.
Essential functions of the Sales and Marketing Manager
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing & Customer Care, the Retail Sales Manager, and the Director of Wholesale Sales, develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives for fuels, appliances, and applicable services.
- Supervises Director of Marketing and Customer Care (Inside Sales), Manager of Retail Sales, and Wholesale Sales Coordinator.
- Partners with Director of Wholesale regarding fuel pricing strategy and profitability.
- Oversees implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Ensures marketing communications are coordinated and supportive of sales plan objectives.
- Researches, recommends, and develops long and short-term sales and marketing strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies including retail, wholesale, and inside sales.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with key industry influencers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Sales and Marketing Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance preferred but not required
- 8-10 years proven experience in sales or related field (fuel and gas industry preferred)
- 10 years of proven business development and leadership of sales and marketing teams
- Proven experience in strategic planning and execution of marketing plans/public relations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and CRM (SalesForce a plus)
- Experience with DocuSign a plus
- Knowledge of contracts, negotiations, and change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize
- Proven team leadership and management abilities